Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easter egg lunch

I hosted a little Easter lunch this week for Claire and Simon. I invited one of my good friends whose kids are the same age as my kids. I love planning parties, and waiting from Claire's birthday in February and Simon's birthday in May is way to long not to plan a fun get together for the kids. 

I of course did not come up with this idea of putting food in Easter eggs, but I think that it's brilliant. The kids LOVED their Easter egg lunch. The great part is that you can use whatever you have on hand. I stuffed mine with blueberries, strawberries, grapes, clementines, cheese, and small bits of sandwiches.
 See! He loved it. First thing that Simon did was open every egg and try to see how many had clementines in them.
I also included a joke with each egg lunch for the kids. I used the jokes found here at I Heart Naptime.
 Since I knew that I would need to keep the kids entertained while Sylvia and I made the lunches, I printed out quite a few colouring and activity sheets for the kids to do. My kids love colouring, so this did keep them occupied for quite a while. I used colouring sheets from Style Me Gorgeous and Disney Spoonful. I also had some Easter stickers on hand for when colouring alone got a little boring for them. 
 I covered my tea party table with kraft paper, and added a little washi tape to add some colour. Check out Jillian's post and see the sweet Easter party that she did for her kids. 
 Sylvia made these Easter basket cupcakes for the kids after lunch. She used chocolate chip cookie dough that she pressed into a mini muffin tin. Then she put some icing on top of them, followed that by some shredded coconut. She topped the baskets with a few eggs (jelly beans) and then made basket handles from pipe cleaners.
 Lastly, I printed this banner from Sandy Toes and Popsicles last year, and hung it up again for our lunch this year.
The kids had a great time at the lunch. It was so cute to see how each child had their own approach to opening and eating their eggs.

Who else has super excited children, just waiting for the Easter Bunny to come?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...