Thursday, March 29, 2012

tissue Easter chicks


Claire loved making the shamrock tissue paper project so much that I wanted to think of a similar Easter project for her to make. What I love about this project is that she can do so much of it by herself. 

Supplies needed: 
small canvas (I bought mine at a dollar store)
paint (pink and orange)
tissue paper (yellow or orange)
paper scraps (yellow and orange) 
googly eyes
masking tape

 Using masking tape, tape off lines on the canvas. I used a piece of masking tape as a spacer. Then we squeezed some pink and orange paint onto a piece of tinfoil. I added a bit of white paint to each colour to make them a little lighter. Then Claire painted two pink lines and two orange lines on the canvas.

Once that was dry (which didn't take very long), I drew three circles on the canvas. I traced two different size container lids. Claire and I painted the inside of the circles with glue and then she glued balled up bit of tissue in the circles. (I cut the tissue paper into about 1 inch squares.)

Once the tissue circles were dry, we glued on eyes, beaks and legs. That's it. 

What sort of Easter crafts have you been making?

8 comments:

  1. These little birdies are too cute! Please come share at the Anything Goes linky up now. Very inspiring, I really need to get my Spring items out and up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Lila!!! So many fabulous posts lately I can't even pick a favourite. Claire's Giraffe party absolutely rocked too!!! Loving all your creativity. Keep up the awesome work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are super cute and the colors are just perfect!
    Stop by my party to link up - I would love to see you there!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely adorable. What artistic choices you made in color and design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so bright and cheery. The colors remind me of Sherbert ice cream:) And it was a great idea to use tissue paper- so easy and it adds so much texture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out soooo cute! We loved having you join us for "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Hope to see you again soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  7. so funny!

    I linked to your tutorial on my blog - thanks for sharing!

    ♥, doro von Hand zu Hand

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first impression of your writing style came from reading some blog posts in your online journal. Learn more about Spacebar Challenge here. I believe that hitting the spacebar counter speed is a self-determining feature. That’s why you get hit repeatedly in a short period of time. In the next section, we will discuss the spacebar clicker tool. If you do not know about Spacebar Clicker and want to know more, you can read more about it. There is clearly a bundle to learn about this.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...