Monday, April 25, 2011

handprint peacocks


It's a sure sign that spring is on its' way when you start to see the return of robins (and other birds!) around here. We've been spotting lots of birds around here lately, so I decided to make some bird themed crafts with the kids. 

This craft was actually inspired by a craft that we saw on Mister Maker. It looked easy enough to make, so Claire and I gathered our supplies and sat down to try to make the craft. You know what's not so easy? Trying to get a three year old to do four blue handprints in a fan shape!


 However, we finally got one that turned out (and 4 that didn't!). After we had the handprints done, I painted Claire's thumb and part of her palm under her thumb to make the body of the peacock. Then I just let Claire go to town painting dots all over the peacock's tail. Add some googly eyes, a beak, and then draw on his feet.


 Join me here again tomorrow while I show off a few more bird crafts that we've made. You won't want to miss these ones!

Linking up with:   Tatertots and Jello & Skip to my Lou & ABC and 123 Learning

16 comments:

  1. I am definitely doing this with my girls! Anything that involves their little handprints is a keepsake!

    www.thisfarmfamilyslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried doing handprint crafts with three and four year olds so many times... it is *always* harder than you'd expect it to be. Love the results, though - so much that I might give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a kindergarten teacher and I could so do this in my classroom! Way to cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are going to try this one today! Thank so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very splendid peacock. We just finished reading several peacock themed books and this would be a great craft extension.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I can't tell you enough how much I LOVE this idea. I love the colorful peacock & I can't wait to do it with my little ones.
    Shauna
    myshaenoel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to try this with my kids! Thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower, hope you can stop by sometime

    http://apumpkinandaprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely perfect to add in the BirthMother's Day package for my sons birthmom- thanks for sharing! We would ♥ for you to show this off at join our link party!

    Lolly Jane
    lollyjaneboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it so much! Such a nice piece. Simple technique but very good effects~

    TK Art and Collage
    http://tkartandcollage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy FrommMay 02, 2011

    So fun! My 3 year old girl saw this & asked to make one for Grandma & Grandpa right away. It turned out so great. Thanks for the cute, fun & idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. pinning this! Maria at http://caribbeanmissionarywife.blogspot.com/2012/03/t-time-67-and-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband owns peacocks and this is perfect for our daughter to do for his birthday card (which is today!). Now....if only I can get a 15 month old to cooperate! ;o) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are adorable! By the way, has anyone here ever dealt with Marriage Certificate Attestation? I've been looking into the process, and it seems a bit overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Crafting handprint peacocks at home has become our go-to family activity, offering a delightful way to create cherished memories. The vibrant colors and personalized touch make these creations a true reflection of our cozy home adventures.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...